Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting to Know You...(Or At Least This Blog..)

Hey everyone,

I'm starting this blog to give some reviews of different makeup/skincare products to help let you all (and me!) know what's out there, what products do what they say they will, which products are best avoided, and what colors are like from different companies/products/etc. Basically I'm doing the hard part of picking out new makeup products for you. A lot of the process of finding the perfect makeup for you is trial and error and rather than have to go back and forth to the drugstores or makeup counters trying to find what you want, I'm hoping that this blog will help you have a more educated approach to picking out the best product for what you need the first time.

So a little about me.. I am a self-proclaimed makeup artist :). I haven't had any formal training but what I lack in training I make up for in experience. I have been doing makeup on myself and my friends for years and years. I've had a couple classes in stage/theater makeup and have been a makeup artist on a few shows. I absolutely love theater (musicals are my favorite!) and I love doing makeup for the theater (Beauty and the Beast this fall hopefully!). I love playing with makeup, trying out new looks, finding new techniques and testing out new products. I started selling mark. about a year ago just so I can get a discount on the makeup ;). Basically, I'm just your everyday beauty junkie.

So I know there's a million review blogs about MAC products or other higher end makeup but, while I really love those companies and they do have great products, I really wanted to focus this blog on the more affordable drugstore/Target kinds of brands. I know there's a LOT of people out there that can't afford to be spending so much money on everyday makeup (me included!). And, despite what some people may say, you can get good quality products without spending a fortune.

I hope that you guys find this blog helpful. My first review should be coming soon. I think it's going to be about foundations. So if anyone has any suggestions on foundations I should try or if there's anything at all (makeup or skincare) that you would like to see me review just leave a comment and let me know and I will try to get that out to you soon.

Thanks for reading!
Love,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment